Belvidere Highschool Anime Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

group of local dweebs from the magical land of belvidere "nuke me"new jersey

4 posters

Popularity

Poll

Do you like the same anime/manga after it gets popular?

[ 0 ]
    Popularity Bar_left0%Popularity Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Popularity Bar_left17%Popularity Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Popularity Bar_left50%Popularity Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Popularity Bar_left33%Popularity Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 6
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Location : near internet connection... and preferably near a computer

Popularity Empty Popularity

Post  Aminor7 Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:14 pm

I have found out that among many people, that mainstream anime/manga isn't that popular among true otakus. What is you opinion on this?

Did you stop like Naruto when you found out all the little kids were watching it as well?

Did Hetalia got annoying once you saw a billion people cosplaying it?

Post your views on popular anime/manga!
    lazinicki
    lazinicki

Popularity Empty Re: Popularity

Post  lazinicki Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:31 pm

while it dosnt change my likes and dislikes of an anime i find that if they get to poular the fan girls take over
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:47 am

yeah I get what you are saying... at that point, where the fan girls take over, you just don't want to admit that you like that anime
    JustAShinigami
    JustAShinigami

Post  JustAShinigami Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:52 am

Aminor7 wrote:yeah I get what you are saying... at that point, where the fan girls take over, you just don't want to admit that you like that anime

i still like those sorts of animes, you just never tell anyone else ever. guilty pleasures.
    Usarise
    Usarise
    Admin

Post  Usarise Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Eh even if something gets popular i still like it... Its just when things get popular, the producers can dumb down or get lazy with the story. THEN I don't like it anymore. Razz (Naruto anyone?)
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Usarise wrote: Its just when things get popular, the producers can dumb down or get lazy with the story. THEN I don't like it anymore. Razz (Naruto anyone?)
    Oh god naruto.... it should have just died when shippudenn started.... I watched a recent episode out of bordum, and I was very sadly disappointed.
    Usarise
    Usarise
    Admin

Post  Usarise Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:26 pm

I know. D: New Naruto is so bad its scary...and people who can actually ENJOY that are even scarier... o___o

One Piece has done great though! Even once it got popular! Very Happy
    JustAShinigami
    JustAShinigami

Post  JustAShinigami Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Usarise wrote:I know. D: New Naruto is so bad its scary...and people who can actually ENJOY that are even scarier... o___o

One Piece has done great though! Even once it got popular! Very Happy

remember the good old days when we could watch all of this stuff on Tunami, with the lil robot named Tom, and then they killed Tom and Tom 2.0 just wasn't the same.....now i miss watching DBZ and Sailor Moon every Saturday night.
    Usarise
    Usarise
    Admin

Post  Usarise Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:38 am

I miss Toonami in general... It had the classics and epics... Gundam, Kenshin, and Samurai Jack (not an anime but still freakin' awesome). The later years were alright too... One Piece, Bobobo, and Code Lyoko were good too. >_>
    JustAShinigami
    JustAShinigami

Post  JustAShinigami Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Loved Code Lyoko, but i was never a fan of Bobobo. Samurai Jack was pretty fantastic. Remember Zach Bell? that show was epic, Kenshin was one of my favorites of all time. I'm pretty sure thats where i first found out about YuYu Hakusho which I now own the entire anime and manga of so thats a good thing to find.
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:30 pm

ah toonami....I loved toonami! Code Lyoko was an awesome French anime! I never got into samuri jack though.... I just remember watching Zoids and Sailor Moon on there as well as Gundam and may others. Alot of them were before you guys time.
    JustAShinigami
    JustAShinigami

Post  JustAShinigami Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:36 am

before my time?!?!? i woke up an hour early every day when i was younger to watch zoids on cartoon network before going to little seaters, and even before that when i was like 5 years old i used to watch sailor moon and the first season of pokemon at my babysitters house, sure at the time i had no clue that what i was watching was anime, but i still loved it!
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:51 am

Well I used to watch Toonami when I was like four... And that is before your time consider I am older than you... Unfortunately I can't remember the names of the shows I watched mostly just the artwork.... though I do remember yu yu hakusho, Kenshin, Tenchi Muyo, Duel Master, Rave Master.... uh trying to remember more but my meory is failing me at the moment
    JustAShinigami
    JustAShinigami

Post  JustAShinigami Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Aminor7 wrote:Well I used to watch Toonami when I was like four... And that is before your time consider I am older than you... Unfortunately I can't remember the names of the shows I watched mostly just the artwork.... though I do remember yu yu hakusho, Kenshin, Tenchi Muyo, Duel Master, Rave Master.... uh trying to remember more but my meory is failing me at the moment

you've forgotten Zach Bell. that show was epic. i remember the day that they the first Tom fought off the evil virus and then jumped into the sun. I died a little that day. Tom II was ok but never quite the same.
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:25 pm

JustAShinigami wrote:
    Aminor7 wrote:Well I used to watch Toonami when I was like four... And that is before your time consider I am older than you... Unfortunately I can't remember the names of the shows I watched mostly just the artwork.... though I do remember yu yu hakusho, Kenshin, Tenchi Muyo, Duel Master, Rave Master.... uh trying to remember more but my meory is failing me at the moment

you've forgotten Zach Bell. that show was epic. i remember the day that they the first Tom fought off the evil virus and then jumped into the sun. I died a little that day. Tom II was ok but never quite the same.
    I was not that fond of Zach Bell actually... It was too much like guys playing with dolls though I did like
    JustAShinigami
    JustAShinigami

Post  JustAShinigami Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:32 am

thats defiantly not the scariest thing ive ever seen in my entire life or anything Evil or Very Mad

Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:33 pm

do you not remember this from Zatch Bell?!?! After I saw this I stopped watching....Though I find It more amusing as I get older
    JustAShinigami
    JustAShinigami

Post  JustAShinigami Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:45 am

Aminor7 wrote:do you not remember this from Zatch Bell?!?! After I saw this I stopped watching....Though I find It more amusing as I get older

I do not remember this from Zach Bell, I must have tried to repress this memory into nothingness. I didnt watch this show quite so avidly as all of the others, but when I was younger I enjoyed the silliness of it.
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:31 pm

I agree it was quite a silly show.... There was definitely better stuff to watch on toonami though
    JustAShinigami
    JustAShinigami

Post  JustAShinigami Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:58 am

DBZ was really epic to watch on Toonami, but it went downhill over time, Sayan Saga and Freeza Saga were the best, Cell and Boo were OK but by the time we hit Baby Saga and GT it went WAY down.
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:05 pm

well keep in mind you were watching the dub on Toonami... But actually I liked Boo, but Freeza was def the best. But over all the manga is totally better than the anime.
    JustAShinigami
    JustAShinigami

Post  JustAShinigami Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:47 am

Aminor7 wrote:well keep in mind you were watching the dub on Toonami... But actually I liked Boo, but Freeza was def the best. But over all the manga is totally better than the anime.

well of course there are very few series in which this is not true, the only one that i can think of that they are even off the top of my head is Death Note, which is 37 episodes for 12 books so they did ALL the detail.
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:49 am

well I think death note is a great anime and manga. It just takes a longer time to read the manga than watch the anime... At least in my opinion... Those manga are so long and bit tedious to read but they are still awesome...
    And there are always exceptions to the manga is better rule...I just really haven't found any yet.
    JustAShinigami
    JustAShinigami

Post  JustAShinigami Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Aminor7 wrote:well I think death note is a great anime and manga. It just takes a longer time to read the manga than watch the anime... At least in my opinion... Those manga are so long and bit tedious to read but they are still awesome...
    And there are always exceptions to the manga is better rule...I just really haven't found any yet.

i prefer manga to anime, the same way that i prefer harry potter books to the movies. i love to read. much more than i like to watch.
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:59 pm

JustAShinigami wrote:
    Aminor7 wrote:well I think death note is a great anime and manga. It just takes a longer time to read the manga than watch the anime... At least in my opinion... Those manga are so long and bit tedious to read but they are still awesome...

i prefer manga to anime, the same way that i prefer harry potter books to the movies. i love to read. much more than i like to watch.
    Truly I perfer manga to anime as well...It is always true that the paper version is better than the cinematic one

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:07 am