Belvidere Highschool Anime Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

group of local dweebs from the magical land of belvidere "nuke me"new jersey

4 posters

Anime Manga Recomendations!

Aminor7
    Aminor7

Location : near internet connection... and preferably near a computer

Anime Manga Recomendations! Empty Anime Manga Recomendations!

Post  Aminor7 Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:21 am

Post suggestions of What Anime/Manga you think other people should know about. What are your favorites? What have you just gotten into? What is worth reading/watching? This thread is for all anime/manga suggestions. Different from the what to watch in in club thread. You can post less school appropriate anime/manga here... But still keep them at a pg13 level.

My suggestions
    Anime:

Summer Wars- new anime movie coming over to the states in December. Very Good! The plot is like the digimon movie but don't let that sway you from watching it. It is an excellent movie. And a must watch!

Hetalita-Good time killer! Something short to watch in minutes of bordum. Very Funny. It also helps you with world history *wink* *wink*

Bakuman-Great manga newly turned to anime! Fairly new still but the animation looks awesome!

The World God Only Know-Another one of my favorite Mangas turn Anime Recently. It is a new twist on harem anime. Very Enjoyable to watch and read. Very amusing and entertaining!

Kuragehime
    -A girly anime about otaku girls. It is brand new and only has one episode so far but I am in love with characters. It has otakus cross dressers and great artwork!

Manga
    :

High School Of The Dead-zombie manga! Alot like left for dead just sexier! great horror read!

Sankarea-Another Zombie Manga. Not as scary as HSOTD but very funny.

Akagami no Shirayukihime-a manga take on snow white. But don't let that fool you it is more action packed(not alot of action though) than the disney movie! But beware this is a shojo manga and is pretty girly fairy tale like

I'll keep posting stuff I find interesting! Fell free to post what you like as well!
    aquara
    aquara

Anime Manga Recomendations! Empty Re: Anime Manga Recomendations!

Post  aquara Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:08 pm

yes and ill aso add

My Little Sister Cant Be This Cute(Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
    - an anime about a middle school girl having her brother help her sort out her life by trying to help hide her otaku habits only a few eps so far (3?) funny and endearing

Fortune Arterial- a story about a boy who move to a boarding highschool after moving around, the student government is vampires (wich isnt as weird as it sound it's played out verry well) so far only 3 episodes but verry good art and good flow

Shinryaku! Ika Musume- a story about a young squidgirl who comes to land from the sea to take over the world because to oceans are being poullouted, so far it's cute and funny seems like a bit of a random series but not enough epidoes to see wheere the storyline is going so far

Mitsudomoe (complete at 13 eps)- from the summer season of anime, it is totaly a randomae, and super cute, it's about a sixthgrade class and is heavely using perveryed word puns, centers around a family of three sisters, i highly reccomend this, this was my anime i watched every week durring the summer!
    Usarise
    Usarise
    Admin

Post  Usarise Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:09 pm

I'll put some good mangas for you guys too.
    Also I'm too lazy to type my own summaries so you may have wiki ones. XD
    (if these are too popular and everyone's read them already tell me. Razz)

Anime Manga Recomendations! Blame
    Blame!
    Killy, a silent loner possessing an incredibly powerful weapon known as a Gravitational Beam Emitter, wanders a vast technological world known as "The City". He is searching for Net Terminal Genes, a (possibly) extinct genetic marker that allows humans to access the "Netsphere", a sort of computerized control network for The City. The City is an endless vertical space of artificially-constructed walls, stairways and caverns, separated into massive "floors" by nearly-impenetrable barriers known as "Megastructure". The City is inhabited by scattered human and transhuman tribes as well as hostile cyborgs known as Silicon Creatures. The Net Terminal Genes appear to be the key to halting the unhindered, chaotic expansion of the Megastructure, as well as a way of stopping the murderous horde known as the Safeguard from destroying all humanity
    Anime Manga Recomendations! Higurashi_1
    Higurashi When They Cry
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni takes place during June 1983, at a fictional rural village called Hinamizawa (雛見沢?) (based on the village of Shirakawa, Gifu, a World Heritage Site),[1][2] which has a population of approximately 2,000. The main character, Keiichi Maebara, moves to Hinamizawa and befriends his new classmates Rena Ryugu, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Furude, and Satoko Houjou. Keiichi joins their after-school club activities, which consist mostly of card and board games (and punishment games for the loser, usually him.) Hinamizawa appears to be a normal, peaceful, rural village to Keiichi. However, the tranquility abruptly ends after the annual Watanagashi Festival, a celebration to commemorate and give thanks to the local god, Oyashiro. Keiichi learns that every year for the past four years, one person has been murdered and another has gone missing on the day of the Watanagashi Festival. Keiichi himself soon becomes drawn into the strange events surrounding the Watanagashi Festival and Oyashiro. In each story arc, he or one of his friends become paranoid, and a crime is committed. Usually, the crime involves the murder of one of their own friends. While it seems impossible to tell their delusions apart from the mystery of Hinamizawa, slowly the truth is revealed.
    Anime Manga Recomendations! Mailv1
    Mail
    The series centers around Reiji Akiba (秋葉 零児, Akiba Reiji?), a private eye who investigates cases dealing with ghosts. He uses a broomhandle pistol called Kagutsuchi (迦具土, Kagutsuchi?) and hallowed ammunition to shoot ghosts that may or may not have possessed people and seal them inside the bullets which simply drop to the floor. The bullets are later ritually cleansed at a shrine. The pistol also has the ability to revive the dead by shooting a bullet with a ghost sealed inside into its original body. Akiba does this at the beginning of the third and final volume with the ghost of his childhood friend Mikoto Yamaguchi (山口 美琴, Yamaguchi Mikoto?) and she becomes his sidekick.
    Anime Manga Recomendations! Drifters_manga_cover
    Drifters
    Shimazu Toyohisa, whilst involved at the Battle of Sekigahara, manages to mortally wound Ii Naomasa, but is critically wounded in the process. As he walks from the field broken and bleeding, Toyohisa finds himself transported to a corridor of doors, where a bespectacled man at a desk waits for him. This man, Murasaki, sends Toyohisa into the nearest door where he wakes up in another world. There, Toyohisa meets other great warriors like him who have been transported as well, to be part of a group known as "Drifters". This world contains both native humans and a number of fantastical races, including elves, dwarves, and hobbits. However, the world is at war, with the humans waging a losing war against another group of great warriors, the "Offscourings", who wish to take over the world and kill all of the Drifters. Under the Offscourings' command are many terrible creatures, including dragons, which they use to destroy everything in their wake. At the start of the series, the Offscourings' army has control of the northern part of the continent, and are currently trying to invade the south through a pivotal fortress at the northernmost tip of a nation called Carneades. Meanwhile, the "Octobrist Organization", a group of human magicians native to this world, attempt to bring together the many individual Drifters to save their world from the brutal Offscourings.
    aquara
    aquara

Post  aquara Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:14 pm

kyle you only pretty much like violent mangas dont you?
    Usarise
    Usarise
    Admin

Post  Usarise Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:23 pm

Eh sorta. Its difficult for me to read romance ones or slice of life stuff. :/ Comedy is alright, but most of the funny ones I read are already really well known or are extremely random. Razz
    aquara
    aquara

Post  aquara Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:25 pm

your such a gore freak... *shakes head*
    Usarise
    Usarise
    Admin

Post  Usarise Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:26 pm

sowwy. :< Its just what interests me in manga... I still like stuff like Azumanga Daioh, Excel Saga, Bobobo, School Rumble, ect. and they're all hillarious mangas. ^^
    aquara
    aquara

Post  aquara Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:00 pm

work on enjoing some shojos or josei mangas
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Post  Aminor7 Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:57 pm

eh.... to each his own.... Mile I suggest High Of The Dead to you... based on your suggestions. There is major gore in it.
    aquara
    aquara

Post  aquara Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:56 pm

healready reads it and enjoys it.. im currently watching some of he DVDs i got from con

Venus VS Virus (vol 2 ?)

Kannon (volum2)

Koi Kaze (vol 1)
    lazinicki
    lazinicki

Post  lazinicki Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:57 pm

intresting
    aquara
    aquara

Post  aquara Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:24 pm

hmm yes i also have the negima sumer and spring ova on dvd
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Anime Manga Recomendations! Empty Where to Watch of Read

Post  Aminor7 Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:01 am

Just Incase you don't know where to watch or read these manga/anime I suggest these sites

For manga
    Mangable.com (the most awesome find after onemanga died Thanks File!)

cloudmanga.com very fast and efficient

For anime
    animefreatv.com -best

hulu.com -decent

youtube.com -can be decent

Last edited by Aminor7 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    aquara
    aquara

Post  aquara Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:57 pm

www.mangafox.com is also good for lesser known mangas, mahwas and less licensed manga (if yoi cant find it somewhere else try there)
    Aminor7
    Aminor7

Anime Manga Recomendations! Empty PANTY and STOCKING

Post  Aminor7 Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:18 pm

A new Anime I suggest

It is Hilarious. Panty and Stocking takes the cake. It is like a bad ass version of the Powerpuff girls. I high recommend it for a good laugh. Though be warned: IT IS NOT SCHOOL APPROPIATE!!!!
    aquara
    aquara

Post  aquara Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:54 pm

not in the closest it plays around MANY dirty jokes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content